DESIGN FOR THE HOME. PHOTOGRAPHY. LOVE. INSPIRATION AND FOOLISHNESS.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So Far, So Good

Greetings! I am still here, floating around in reality and somewhat virtually. I have been so busy, but I am proud to announce that I am making good on my last post about my ordinary year. I am pushing the limit, and climbing the hills with my three boys at my side, on my hip and holding my hand. Life is good, and I have worked hard to make it that way. 

I have started my own business, and have had the great fortune of being very busy in my first two months of self employment. I admit, I had some allusions that I could make my own schedule, go for long meandering runs that lead to such deep thinking that I solve huge problems. I envisioned going to the botanical gardens and meeting friends for lunch for extended time, whiling away the hours in martinis and laughter. Nope. None of that really happens. My work outs are rushed and I constantly think about all the things I should be doing. Lunches are late, hurried and I always feel like my social skills are desperately lacking in any character. In time, all of my fantasies will come true, I know, but for now I am just happy that I am too busy working for myself to come up for air right now. 

My days typically are spent visiting sites, submitting construction plans for permit and catching people during business hours. I am all over the region on a weekly basis. Outside of Charlotte, the area that I work in has old small towns. They are so charming and strike me each time I discover a new town center. It's great. It often makes my day. I love driving up the bustling streets of the old South, visiting ancient warehouses, lumber yards and industrial districts old and new. I am hoping to integrate some of the photos that I take on my journey to discover these places and here will be their home. Stay tuned for more interiors too. We have unfinished business at the house and will soon be renting an historic property that makes my heart skip a beat. Those topics are for later though. 

I hope you are well. I hope you are smiling, and it's good to be back. And remember, sleep is for suckers anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. If you miss time it's because your business works well! It's a good thing when you start. It was like that for me too. But then there are quieter times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I have loved being a business owner so far. I hope I can keep that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete