DESIGN FOR THE HOME. PHOTOGRAPHY. LOVE. INSPIRATION AND FOOLISHNESS.

Friday, December 14, 2012

2013 Pantone Color of the Year - Emerald



Congratulations Emerald, you represent this upcoming year's Pantone color of the year!! 

It's funny. This color is perfect for this year. Gil is learning colors. What is his default color? "Geeen!" What do I not have nearly enough of? Green! 

"Middle greens" are so very beautiful and true. In the past, tons of sages and light greens have been used and overused. Also, the hunter greens had come, over run Ralph Lauren's studio and every home in America and had finally taken a few steps back in recent years. 

I am going to follow the Pantone path and add some Emeralds, olives and true greens into my palette. I have actually started making a concerted effort in this direction. 

See here:

A wish list item from MARBLED on Etsy

A wishlist item from Lucky Accessories on Etsy
Sadly, I can't think of one corner of our home that features emerald, or anything even close. Hmph. We'll work on that. Maybe we can start with our grass in the Spring. 

2 comments:

  1. I like green, almost all greens! The walls of my daughter's room is green, a wall of my office is green too (but I want to repaint it). I have some green cushions in my living room too. So, you'll know all about the green in my house :) I like your Etsy wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! Ever since I posted this, my world has been all aout green. My husband even (unknowingly) bought a print for me with an emerald background. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete