DESIGN FOR THE HOME. PHOTOGRAPHY. LOVE. INSPIRATION AND FOOLISHNESS.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gifted Garland Reproduction

My mother is an inspiration all around in my design world. Forget that I have a degree in it, she is the one with the flair, whimsical touch and the "You're not done" attitude that has spilled into my world, covered my walls and shelves. So, this is an easy one. She bought me a garland from a store in Geneva, Ill.called Cocoon. ($2.95 for 5'-0") I have never been, but apparently, I'd love it. You can see their online shop here.


I have so so so much sheet music for both the piano and cello and have a printer, so I figured that buying some twine and tape would be simple, inexpensive and satisfying.

What shape should mine be?? Let me reword this...what template can I get my hands on?  Cookie cutters. Perfect. I picked a daisy, which actually looks more like a cookie. 

I printed on card stock to "beef it up" a little since I am simply taping to the twine. 



 
...and here is the final product!

 

 
It's about 5'-6" and I added a bow on either end. I also decided to do it double sided so the pieces hang better.  I am considering adding letters to each "cookie" so it is more of a banner. What do you think?

2 comments: