DESIGN FOR THE HOME. PHOTOGRAPHY. LOVE. INSPIRATION AND FOOLISHNESS.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Very Vintage Christmas

Somehow, when items were doled out and distributed from Archie and Julia's things, I ended up, somewhere down the road years later, with their Christmas ornaments. Dozens of them, boxes and all. This year, we will have no tree at our home, so they'll stay tucked away for another year.

Admittedly, these photos would have looked better surrounded by evergreens, garland and the sparkle of tiny lights, but alas, they are simply on a table top. Soon enough we will be snuggling near my parents tree with one more set rosy cheeks to kiss under the mistletoe, for it is Nate's very first Christmas.

I got the ornaments out just for a bit this year to share them, and to take a look for myself. I dare look in their reflections to try to see the scenes from many years ago as they hung from a fir tree inside when they were fresh off the shelf.  The stories, memories of my own and the wrapping paper that we STILL have and use from those days will have to do. (I'll show you that another day, I promise!)














4 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have such vintage Christmas decorations! Even the boxes are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful {the memories too...}...Something to be treasured and passed on.
    Happy Christmas Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa - I don't know how they have stood against time, but I am glad to be their curator now! Thanks!

    Dee - What a great idea to pass them on! I have two boys, so if they can survive the next few years, they are truly unbreakable! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with these vintage ornaments. The packages are just as magical. I swear I was born in the wrong era. Great pics, thanks for sharing your treasures.

    ReplyDelete